Friday, May 9, 2008

The nut house

So life has been really crazy lately; I apologize for not posting as often as I should. Here's an update on some of the things that have been going on for the past few days:


I was able to watch Rylee, my good friend Stefanie's little girl for a couple of days while her mom went to work. It's interesting because I'm not the sort of person that usually enjoys babysitting other people's kids, but I actually had a pretty good time. Rylee and Dillon are close enough in age that they were able to play well together and entertain each other while I watched The Bachelor (just kidding Stef). Anyway, here's a video and a couple of pictures of them together. I had just gotten Dillon up in the morning and put Rylee in her crib with her...very cute.





Of course, Dillon, the bully cornered sweet little Rylee...


But they are still friends...Rylee is very forgiving! ;)



A few days later, we went to the park (shocker, I know) to try out a new toy I got for Bear. I set Dillon down in the grass in the outfield of a softball field and what does she do? She finds the only tiny, little spot of gravel and face plants it right there. This is her first major spill with injuries since she began to walk. She had dirt ALL OVER her face; of course, me, being the sort of mother I am, I wanted to take a picture but had no camera. So here's a video of her latest waddle (you can see how wobbly she is) and some pictures of the aftermath of the park.



Dillon really scratched up her forehead and nose, poor thing...


But lucky for me, she's resilient!



A few days later we got a package from Mimi Curtis and Dillon was pretty curious and excited...she got a cute t-shirt and new book! The funniest thing, though, was that even though she loved her book, the thing that she carried around with her all day was the little box of chocolates that were Mommy's! Ahh, that proves it...she is my daughter after all; as if her love for food and klutziness weren't enough, the chocolate just seals the deal!









But mostly, what we spend our days doing (especially when it rains) is slowly packing up our house to get ready to move. I'm pretty proud of the progress that I've made and the sacrifices that I've given so that we don't move 10 boxes of just my clothes and shoes! They were some of the toughest decisions of my life, tougher than Decision 2008 but I got my clothes in 2 boxes and my shoes in 1! Doug will be so proud! But back to Dillon, she has fun while I pack too, anything that's out of the ordinary is fun and exciting for her! Examples A, B, and C:


Yes, she is standing in that second photo and yes, that is the 1 box that my shoes fit in (hey, I didn't say what size the boxes were!) Oh, and yes, she is topless in these photos...that's how we roll in my house! ha At any rate, you can see why I haven't been as diligent in my posting as I should be, but I do have really good (and cute) excuses!

8 comments:

anderson's said...

Chris~ She is getting so big! Her hair is so long too. I can't wait to get my hands on her!

Jacynthe said...

Looks to me like she's got the Curtis cheeks :)

Amy said...

Dillon's hair is so punk rock! What are the girls (and you and Stef) going to do without eachother!? I bet you don't like thinking of that part.

We are the Clarks! said...

We can't wait for you guys to be closer. Cute Dillon -- what a smiley baby. Where's her pretty?

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of Rylee and Dillon together! Aubrey is already a bully herself too - she's always taking toys from other babies. no WAY would I be able to get all my clothes in 2 boxes, I hope you didn't have to give up too much stuff!

Jennybug said...

I love this picture of her in the box, what a cutie! I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww what cute photos. Mmm chocolate.

Jennybug said...

Hey where are you! I want to see some more cute pictures.