Monday, October 6, 2008

Did someone ask for pictures?

So here's a hodgepodge of pictures from my recent trip to CO. We had SO much fun! We got to go to Anderson Farms with my sister and her fam, my dad, and Kev, Stef and Ry. We had so much fun and were so glad that the McMinn's made the trip up. At the farm, there's pics of Stef and I racing on impossibly small tricycles, pumpkin launching, feeding goats, cute cousin pictures, etc. So much more happened than we were able to catch on film. Things such as Syd and Gar hitting the pumpkin target twice, Kev and Doug fitting into those amazingly small barrels and going for a ride, us getting lost in the corn maze, and my personal favorite (sorry Stef, it has to be shared or what sort of blog would I be running?) the goat sneezing in Stef's face while she's trying to help Rylee feed it! I have to say, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! We had so much fun!
In addition to Anderson Farms, Stef and I went to both the Denver Zoo and the children's museum. Rylee and Dillon had so much fun hanging out together. Dillon just LOVED holding Rylee's hand; I don't know how thrilled Rylee was with it since Dillon would drag Rylee along with her but they played so well together! I miss having friends around!
Then there's the pics of Dillon hanging out with her Annies, Undles, Bobby and cousing Dat. Dillon had so much fun (of course) with all the attention she got while we were there and all the things she was able to get away with. Only with uncles will she get away with dipping her fingers in caramel, eating cake and eating snickers (none of which she's had before!) She also idolized her cousin Jack. I have to say (and not just because his mommy reads this blog) that Jack is one of the sweetest boys I know; I just love how sweet and kind he always is, not only to Dillon, but to everyone. No one could make Dillon laugh like her cousin Dat could. To further prove my point, everyday, several times a day (annoyingly so) she would ask "Where's Dat?" and either auntie or I would say "He's at school" only to be asked again where he was. As soon as she would see him for the first time that day she'd literally yell "DAAAAAAT!!" So cute! Is there a quicker way into a mother's heart? I don't think so!
Anyway, enjoy the pictures since I'm making up for my lack lately!






















19 comments:

Linda said...

How fun! I love the pictures of Dillon and Rylee together. They're the cutest little buds.

Stefanie said...

You got some great pics! I miss you! I'm excited for your next visit. Dillon is a doll, and I love the pic. of her standing against the wall at the Children's Museum.

Rob and Ashley Seymour said...

Your picutures are so cute! Looks like it was a fun trip. You guys look great...

Barbara said...

Hey Christen. This is Barbara (Murdock) Christensen from Ricks. I was just taking a peak to see what you guys are up to. Your daughter is really cute, and looks so much like both of you! Take Care!

We are the Clarks! said...

That trip was so fun...

Gotta love the bathtub shots.
Sorry Stef, but that goat sneezing on you was hilarious. You are such a good sport. And just in case you were hoping the Curtis family would forget, a baby goat pooped on me about 15 years ago and they still tell the story...

Welcome to the family!

Maja said...

Cute, cute Pics! Dillon is so adorable. I love her baby fat. Yes I said fat, I keep trying to fatten mine up, but she still looks like I don't feed her. I am a little gealous that you and Stef got to spend time together. We miss you guys.

Jacynthe said...

Alright missy,
the artist in me loooooooooooves the second photo; the one where she looks like she is pouting. Great angle, fun background. Love that she's barefeet. Awesome photo!! Next time you're in CO, maybe we can all get together (and sing Coumbaya)?

Jamie said...

Christen, your little girl is adorable! It's fun to see you doing so well and as a Mommy. I caught your blog off Cathy's. Mine is private but if you want an invite email me at beatty2@mac.com.

"ECHO" said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm jealous you get to go on so many vacations!
Where do you go to get those cute backgrounds?
Also, I ditto you. I can't wait for Friday, too!
Amy

Misner Family said...

Hey I thought the bathtub was Jaden and Dillons thing. He wasn't to happy when he saw that picture;)

anderson's said...

I love that little dilly girl! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! Love you!

anderson's said...

p.s. I love the new big picture of Dillon & Dan will love the one with him in it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your tricyle skills are seriously lacking - you were eating stef's dust! How embarrassing...

Krista Miller said...

Christen....she is a doll...i can't believe she still hasn't met her auntie KK...what a bad aunt I am.....I sure do miss you.

tricia said...

my long lost cousin!
cathy found me in blogland via our other cousin tammy! add me to your contacts now so that we can stay in touch! love you! oxo tricia

Murphfam said...

Hi Christen, Dillon is adorable!!! Havent seen you guys forever. Keep the pictures coming. Love ya, your cousin Tammy

Kimberly said...

I love how little Dillon Pouches out her belly, so cute! She looks like she is a real character:) Oh yes luv the pigtails too!

The Karrens said...

She is soooo cute! Ben was saying how much she looks like Doug. I see you in her too. I can't believe she is so grown up. I wish we were all still by eachother now that everyone else has kids.

Jennybug said...

I loved seeing all the pictures. Bathtub pictures are my favorite. Thanks for sharing!!!