This is a story I don't want to forget, so I figured I'd blog about it and hope that my blog never goes away...never! Last month Dillon and I went to stay with my sister Cathy and her husband Dan for a couple weeks. Dillon was staying upstairs and I downstairs right beneath her. Dillon was sharing a wall with her cousin Gabby, who is just over a year and needless to say, they were taking turns waking each other up in the morning. One night Dillon started crying in the middle of the night. I really didn't want her to wake up Gabby or anyone else, so I was in a rush to get to her. The light was broken, so it was pitch black and I couldn't find my pants! I decided just to make a dash for it and hope that Dan wasn't up! Luckily I made it to Dillon's room without being spotted but it was so chilly in there I hopped into bed with Dillon while I was figuring out what was wrong with her. So of course once I was in bed with her, she wanted me to stay there. Dillon and I had never slept in the same bed together but I have heard nightmares about sleeping with your kids! I was just so chilly and didn't want to run into Dan that I decided to give it a try. BIG mistake! At first it was really cute how close and snuggled up she was...she even laid her little hand on my shoulder! I was quite enjoying sleeping with Dillon...until I started to fall asleep. Dillon goes "Mommy...what's that sound?" "Dillon, it's just me!" As I was falling asleep, apparently I started breathing deeper and Dillon didn't know what it was! So I told her it was me and to go to sleep. Fifteen minutes later, I start to fall asleep again and what happens? "Mommy...what's that sound?" Uhh! At this point I'm too tired to get up and go back downstairs to my bed and I don't want Dillon to wake up Gabby that I just suck it up and try to just get through the night! Funny story to tell now, but not at the time!
Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
8 years ago


6 comments:
Yep you snored in college too. ha HAA! TOTALLY KIDDING Girl. Great story. I love making the "undies dash" to the bathroom down the hall when staying with family - NOT!
Made it three years without sleeping with Dilly, that's pretty good. I have to admit I've fallen asleep during nap time after reading books...and it is delightful.
It wasn't that chilly! :)
Sleeping with your kids is all cute and cuddly at first then they either start to sleep like a crazy animal and kick and scratch you or when your feeling all cozy and motherly you start to get really hot and just want to get up:) Nice image with the underwear run:) Been there before. Hehehe...
That is hilarious.
Come on guys. We never see you and we miss you a ton. You'd better start blogging more or I swear well drive over there again :(
Post a Comment