Sunday, August 17, 2008

And the sickness continues...

Well, I was waiting to post until I was able to post some updated pictures of Dillon but apparently the sickness that struck down my computer decided to spread to my camera. I bought a new camera to replace that one and tried to install the new hardware on my computer so that I could download the awesome pictures of Dillon at the Omaha Zoo only to discover that my ailing computer won't allow me to install the software! Uhh! So until we're able to afford a new computer, you'll have to make due with me telling you about Dillon rather than showing her...I know, clearly not as enjoyable since she is, after all, adorable!
So, back to the zoo, Doug and I took Dillon to the Omaha Zoo which apparently is in the top 25 best zoos. Let me tell you, as someone who makes it a point to visit the zoo in whatever town they're visiting, this zoo is AMAZING! The way that the exhibits are set up, I've never gotten closer to the animals! We were at the gorilla compound staring at this gorilla laying on it's back when it rolled over and came up to the window and stared at Dillon. I was amazed and a little freaked out, but Dillon just reached her hand out to try to touch it! That girl has no fear! The gorilla sat there and stared at Dillon for quite some time; we actually left before it did! We were amazed! Then we went to the bears and there was a grizzly bear pacing right by the window. Dillon wasn't quite as fascinated with the bear as she was with the gorilla. All in all, it was an amazing trip and I can't wait to go back. Dillon and I got a pass for the year, so it looks like we have our entertainment for the winter all set up!
The other reason I haven't been posting for a while is that we've had visitors for some time now. My parents came out for a quick trip to see us (and by us they mean Dillon) and we got to spend some time showing them around our new city. Then we had some friends, Charlie and Meg, from Pittsburgh come the day my parents left; they were her for two weeks for Charlie to do an externship as he's applying for oral surgery this year. Today our other friends from Pittsburgh, Jon, Brooke, and baby Jayden are coming in town for the same reason as Charlie and Meg, though I prefer to think that Doug and I are really cool and our friends just can't stay away! Jon and Brooke will be here for a week. Then it looks like my mom is coming back out to help me paint my house for a few days and after that we have our good friends and Doug's old mission comp coming out for Labor Day. So after way too much info and boring you to tears, I'll give you that long explanation for why I haven't posted. At any rate, it's been busy but it's been nice to have so many friends and family visiting because it hasn't allowed me to miss my Pittsburgh friends so much.

3 comments:

anderson's said...

I miss you guys! How about a trip to Colorado??

Jennybug said...

So sorry about your camera, that is the worse. I need to buy a new camera. Well I can't wait to see some new pics. Hope you are having a great summer.

Anonymous said...

we'll come visit you next!